Sausage Gravy Pizza
With long days on the farm, we try our best to start the morning off with a good, hearty breakfast. It is not always as elaborate as this breakfast pizza but it does often consist of fresh eggs, meat (bacon, sausage, ham, etc) and fruit/yogurt. A good hearty breakfast is a great way to start your day off on a good note!
Sausage Gravy Pizza:
|1 batch of Crescent Dough (see below)||8 Fresh Eggs|
|1 batch of Sausage Gravy (see below)||Cheddar Cheese, grated|
- Roll out crescent dough thin and fit into a half size baking sheet (I typically use an 11"x18"). Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, mix up Sausage Gravy in one skillet and scramble up eggs in another.
- Grate about 1 cup of cheddar cheese for topping.
- To assemble pizza, place sausage gravy on top of cooked crescent dough. Then top with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese.
- Bake the assembled pizza at 375 degrees for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Sausage Gravy Ingredients:
|1 pound Rocky Ridge Farm's Country Pork Sausage||1-1/2 cups Milk|
|1/4 cup Flour|
- Brown the sausage.
- Sprinkle in the flour.
- Slowly add milk and cook until bubbly.
Crescent Dough Ingredients (from Cooking with Carlee):
|1/2 Tablespoon yeast||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup warm water||1 large eggs|
|1/4 cup butter, melted||1/4 cup milk|
|1/4 cup sugar||2 cups flour|
- Dissolve yeast in the water, set aside.
- In your stand mixer, combine the melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Lightly beat 1 room temperature egg and add to butter mixture.
- Stir in milk and yeast mixture.
- Add 2 cups flour. Mix and make into a ball.
- Place in a warm buttered bowl and let rise in a warm place until doubled.