Lean Beef Sloppy Joes
This is a great option for summer BBQ's. This is a quick and easy way to change up the standard hamburger routine!
|1 lb Grassfed Ground Beef||1/2 Tbsp of chili powder|
|1/2 Onion, chopped small||1 tsp of cumin|
|1/2 green pepper, chopped small||2 Tbsp of coconut sugar or honey|
|1/2 red pepper, chopped small||1x 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with liquids|
|1/4 cup of celery, chopped small||1x 6 oz can of tomato paste|
|1 clove of garlic, minced|
- Sauté the onions, garlic, celery together in a skillet until onions are tender
- Add and brown the ground beef in the same skillet
- Next add the spices, coconut sugar (or honey), and bell peppers to the skillet
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes with liquids and the tomato paste
- Simmer all together on low for about 15 minutes
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot and enjoy!
(Serve over a sweet potato instead of a roll to make this recipe Paleo or Low Carb)
Get your Ground Beef HERE!